Follow the instructions below and this will assist you in negotiating the stressful task of moving into your new residence.
- Electricity: … must be notified to transfer service into your name 24 hours prior to move-in. Please obtain your new account # to provide us so we can verify. (If applicable)
- Gas: … must be notified to transfer service into your name 24 hours prior to move-in. Please obtain your new account # to provide us so we can verify. (If applicable)
- Water: … must be notified to transfer service into your name 24 hours prior to move-in. Please obtain your new account # to provide us so we can verify. (If applicable)
- Trash: … must be notified to transfer service into your name 24 hours prior to move-in. Please obtain your new account # to provide us so we can verify. (If applicable)
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month, you may pay by check (made to “RPM”), or online (see instructions below). You will not be billed or sent a notice to pay, and if the payment is not received by the 4th, you will be assessed a late fee as set forth in your lease agreement.
- Keys can be picked up from our office on the day you are authorized to move in.
- Emergencies are to be reported to the management company. When you move in, please be aware of the location of the water turn off valve (if applicable) and the breaker box.
- Move-in Inspection Form is included in this packet. Please fill this out indicating any noticeable damage in the rental and return to us within a week.
Tenant is responsible for the following:
- Yard care (if not mentioned in the lease), Minor trimming, pruning & weeding beds
- Testing and changing batteries in smoke detectors and/or carbon monoxide detectors
- Changing all inoperable light bulbs and fluorescent tubes in easily accessible light fixtures
- Keep dryer vents & house vents clean inside & out
- Pest control (for details, please call the office)
- Inside & outside window cleaning
- Tenant is responsible for all maintenance of water softener and water purification systems (if applicable).
- Drain stoppage (clogging) when caused by tenant. Do not put potato peelings, onion skins, or artichoke trimmings through the disposal. Any other food placed in the disposal should have water run through the drain for at least 10 seconds after grinding. This carries the food out to the main sewer.
- Payment of rent or other charges as determined by lease and addendum.
- Do not use the drop-in cleaners in the tank of the toilet. This will destroy the rubber in the fittings. The type that clip to the bowl edge are best.
- No foreign items are to be flushed away. This includes: baby wipes, tampons, diapers, paper towels, dental floss, clumping kitty litter, etc. These items will clog the drain and you will be charged for the repairs.
This is only a partial list, please refer to your lease and addendums for clarification.
RPM has an approved vendor list for most of your maintenance and cleaning needs. Please contact our office if you need a referral.
MAKE SURE YOU GET AS MUCH OF YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT BACK AS POSSIBLE!
Here we have provided instructions for the proper move-out procedure. We know you will have a lot to keep track of during this transition. We hope this will make it more clear and organized for you. If you do have any questions, please call us at (513) 762-9000.
An inspection will be done only after all your personal property has been removed and you have cleaned the property. At that time, you need to take the keys to the office. We consider you still living at the property until the keys are turned in. Rent will be charged until RPM receives the keys and the garage door remote – do NOT leave keys at the property. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RE-ENTER THE PROPERTY AFTER ALL KEYS HAVE BEEN TURNED INTO THE OFFICE.
The better the condition of the property when you leave, the faster the deposit can be sent out. You will need to give us your forwarding address to send your deposit refund to. If you vacate the property prior to the end of the lease term, you will still be responsible for the rent during the remaining term of the lease. However, we will do our best to try and lease the property.
- Remove all trash and personal items from your home and yard.
- Clean all appliances thoroughly, including microwave, range hood, etc. Clean sinks, cabinets and drawers.
- The carpeting must be professionally cleaned and receipt turned in with the keys.
- Wash non-carpeted floors. Remove the stains and marks.
- Wash walls carefully; pay special attention to the areas around light switches, hallways, doors and baseboards.
- Clean all windows. Secure all screens and remove cobwebs inside and out.
- Make the needed repairs to the screens and the screen doors.
- Clean and disinfect the bathrooms thoroughly.
- Repair or have any damage you or your pets have caused repaired.
- Discontinue your phone services at least 24 hours before vacating.
- If you are responsible for the lawn care: Mow, trim and remove debris from the yard.
- Make arrangements to have your trash picked up before you discontinue service.
- Do not place the trash and the garbage in the recyclable cans. A fine may be applied.
__ Clean Vents
__ Vacuum cobwebs
__ Dust above doors
__ Scrub Wall Baseboard
__ Clean Vents
__ Vacuum all carpets
__ Sweep non carpeted
__ Mop/Scrub Vinyl
__ Clean under Refrigerator
__ Clean all knobs
__ Clean door jamb
__ Sink /tub/shower
__ Toilet Walls / windows
__ Stove top/ burner pans
__ Oven Stove hood
__ Cabinets in/out
__ Countertops / sink
__ Grass mowed
__ Leaves raked & bagged
__ Garden/Beds weede
__ Concrete degreased
__ Lights working
__ Trash hauled off
__ Do not leave bags at the rental
__ Clean all Light Fixtures
__ Sweep Porch’s
__ Sweep Garage
__ Sliding Glass Door
__ Sweep Laundry
__ Smoke Detectors & Batteries